Mr. Henderson’s practice emphasizes general criminal defense with extensive experience in DUI, drug offenses, and theft. Mr. Henderson has represented clients in complex criminal litigation including homicide allegations, sexual allegations and white-collar allegations that included securities fraud, forgery, and identity theft. He also routinely handles misdemeanor matters and traffic matters in various municipal courts and district courts. Mr. Henderson co-authored a book on Juvenile Defense Strategies published by Aspatore Books. He has also been recognized as one of the Top 40 under 40 trial lawyers in Kansas by The National Trial Lawyers from 2012 to 2018.
Mr. Henderson has defended clients against allegations involving drugs, weapons, domestic violence, sex offenses and violent crimes in both adult and juvenile courts for several years. His reputation and knowledge resulted in being named a Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers for criminal defense since 2013 and a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers since 2014. He was further selected as one of the Nation’s Top Attorneys by The National Association of Distinguished Counsel since 2015.
Mr. Henderson is a member on the Board of Directors of the Kansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and continues membership in The National Trial Lawyers, the Johnson County Bar Association and state bar associations. He serves as a trusted judge pro tem for the 10th Judicial District Court in juvenile and criminal courtrooms. He serves as a mentor attorney in the area of criminal defense in the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association and the Earl E. O’Conner Inn of Court. He has volunteered his legal services for Birthday Blessings KC, a local non-profit organization that provides free birthday services for children in need. He was honored as a Top Lawyer by the Global Directory of Who’s Who and maintains a perfect 10.0 rating on AVVO.
Mr. Henderson was born and reared in Kansas on his family farm. He earned his B.S. from Kansas State University in Business Administration as a College of Business Honors Program graduate. He followed by then receiving his J.D. from the University Of Kansas School Of Law in 2003.
- AV Preemient Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Top 100 Trial Attorneys, The National Trial Lawyers 2014 – 2020
- Nation’s Top One Percent, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel 2015 – 2020
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers 2012 – 2018
- Perfect 10.0 AVVO Rating, AVVO
- Top Lawyer, Global Directory of Who’s Who 2015 – Present
- Top 50 DUI Attorneys in Kansas, The National Advocacy for DUI Defense, LLC 2017
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers 2013 – 2019
- Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars, Super Lawyers 2011 – 2012
- Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys in Kansas, National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Completed the NHTSA/IACP Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Practitioner Course taught by Walden, Platt & Associates
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- Recruitment Director, Board of Directors, Kansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Seasoned Attorney, National College for DUI Defense, Inc
- Attends Earl E. O’Conner Inn of Court
- Attorney Mentor, KCMBA Criminal Law, 2012
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Missouri Bar Association
- Member, Kansas Bar Association
- Member, The National Trial Lawyers
- Member, Johnson County Bar Association
Pro bono/Community Service
- Active Supporter of the Polar Plunge in support of the Special Olympics, 2019
- Spoke to Freshman at Olathe East on criminal law, 2018
- Prepared Waivers of Liability for Birthday Blessings KC, a local non-profit group that provides free birthday services for children in need.
- Volunteer, Street Cats Rescue of Kansas City
- Contributing Author, Juvenile Criminal Defense Strategies, Inside the Minds (Aspatore Books), 2012
- Presented at the Kansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Fall CLE on using and adapting Legal Technology to streamline your practice. Speaker, Legal Technology for your Practice, Kansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Criminal Defense, 2019
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Nominated for the Phi Kappa Theta Mid-Career Achievement Man of the Year, 2016
- University of Kansas, School of Law, J.D. 2003
- Kansas State University, B.A., Honors: College of Business Honors Program Graduate, 2000